Playdough encourages development of hand strength, bilateral hand coordination skills (using both hands together) and tactile exploration (gathering information about different textures and objects through touch).
See the recipe for Gold, Frankincense & Myrrh playdough and print and laminate our Magi playdough mats to use with the playdough. Below are suggestions for use with different age groups:
- 6 months-2 years: Encourage children to use their hands to explore the playdough. Demonstrate squeezing, patting, smashing or pinching playdough
- 2-5 years: Help your child use playdough to finish the pictures on the Magi playdough mats. Below are some ideas.
- Star: use a star cookie cutter to help make the star above the manger
- Crown: use playdough to make a crown for the Magi and then push small jewels or beads into the playdough to decorate the crown
- Gold coins: roll playdough into 3 balls and place on top of the outlines of the coins on the playdough mat, then smash the ball to flatten and fill in the coin shape
We recommend using Zum Frankincense & Myrrh scented massage oil in this recipe.
*Disclaimer: Learninggoodnews.com is not responsible for your child’s safety when participating in activities posted on this site. Young children should always be supervised during fine motor and play activities.